Friday, March 30, 2012

Short Story Friday- Star by Rachel Fisher

Short Story Friday, today's epic by Rachel Fisher.
I would love to add pictures to this. 
But I don't have time, since I am leaving in a few hours for that camp we spoke of earlier. 
So I have scheduled this to publish on Friday. 
Maybe I will add a photo later to this ecstatic poem. 








Star 

It sank through the epidermis

filtered through the various underlayers of the skin 
and dove into the bloodstream.


It shot around the body and even the eyes (who saw it)
didn't believe themselves.


It ran on and on and on
stopping briefly to jumpstart the frozen brain,
encourage continued breathing.


It flowed into the square, calloused fingertips
the red-palmed farmer's hands 
implanted them with a surprise of their own.


And shot straight out
into the diamond-spangled brilliance








I begin to wonder when and if I should add pictures to things like this poem, I don't want to ruin the image set in your head from reading it.


91. Brilliance 





 92. Star



I wish SOOOO badly I could say that I took the pictures featured below, but sadly no, I did not take them. I don't know who took them, they were taken with Dad's Nikon so maybe him.
The pictures were taken 4th of July 2009









1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What do you have to say ABOUT THAT?